The benefits of working for Natural Resources Wales
There are a range of benefits of working for Natural Resources Wales, including:
- A normal full-time working week of 37 hours with some opportunities for part-time, compressed hours, job-share, term-time working, annualised working.
- 28 days annual leave a year increasing to 33 days after 5 years continuous service, including carry-over of up to 10 days annual leave a year, bring-forward of up to 5 days a year and the opportunity to purchase annual leave.
- Flexible working arrangements (flexi-time) between 7am and 7pm Monday to Friday, including time off in lieu.
- Special leave provisions (paid and unpaid) including study leave, volunteering, jury service, career breaks.
- Additional maternity leave, paternity, adoption leave and shared parental leave.
- Benefits to support active and sustainable travel including Cycle to Work purchase scheme, annual season ticket loans, bike-friendly policies and facilities, corporate bike hire memberships, access to pool cars, pool bikes and electric vehicles.
- Employee Assistance Programme providing advice and support in relation to work-life balance, relationships, health and wellbeing, debt, disability and illness, bereavement and loss, stress, anxiety and depression, family issues, bullying and harassment etc.
- Free parking at some NRW offices and recreation sites
- Civil Service pension scheme
- Eye test and eye care vouchers
- Occupational Health services
- Trade Union membership (fee applicable)
- Sports and social club (fee applicable)
- Discounted gym membership (participating providers only)
- Other employee benefits package such as retail vouchers
All the above opportunities are available on a case by case basis, dependent on role and business requirements.