Check for a permit, licence or exemption (Public Register)

We’re aware of an issue that is affecting some users while trying to pay for their waste carriers registration.

If you do experience any issue please try again later.


We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and are working to resolve the issue.

We issue permits, licences and exemptions for industry, business and individuals to carry out certain activities that have the potential to pollute or harm the environment. 

Waste carriers, brokers and dealers

If you arrange for waste to be collected from your business or home, check that the business you've chosen to collect it is registered as a carrier. You do not need printed proof of carrier registration.

A registration with the regulators in Wales (NRW), England (Environment Agency), or Scotland (SEPA) is valid in any of these three countries. Your carrier will tell you where they are registered. 

Search the waste carriers, brokers and dealers public register.

Online public register

Search for and download application and compliance documents for waste, water quality and regulated industry environmental permits, water resources licences and Marine licences. 

You may need to download software applications to view certain documents on our on-line system – for example, if your email system isn’t compatible with Outlook. If you don’t want to do this, or if need a document in a different or more accessible format, please contact us.

To see public register documents, access the online public register now.

Some public register documents from before 1 September 2018, are not currently available on the portal. We’re working to improve this. Until then, please use our request permit information process to see copies of these documents.

For information on waste only permits, you can also look at our waste permit map.

Waste, water quality, water resources and installation permits

Search the Waste, Water Quality, Water Resources and Installations public register.

Waste and water quality exemptions

Search the waste and water quality exemptions public register.

Hazardous waste producer registrations

Search the Hazardous Waste Producer public register.

Scrap metal dealers

Search the scrap metal dealers public register.

Authorised treatment facilities for end of life vehicles (ELV) 

Search the authorised treatment facilities for end of life vehicles public register.

Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Approved Authorised Treatment Facility (AATF) and Approved Exporter (AE)

Search the public register of WEEE AATFs and AEs.

T11 waste exemptions

Search the waste exemptions: repairing or refurbishing waste electrical equipment public register.

Trees, woodland and forestry

Applications for tree felling

View register for felling.

Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)

View Environmental Impact Assessment for forestry register.

Forest Resource Plans (FRP)

Find details of how we approve tree felling on the Welsh Government Woodland Estate through Forest Resource Plans (FRP). This allows us to demonstrate an equivalent level of regulation on WGWE.

View Forest Resource Plan register.

Permitting publication scheme

Natural Resources Wales Permitting Publication Scheme describes what information is available for all the permitting regimes we are responsible for.

Last updated