Apply to transfer an installations permit

Before you apply

An environmental permit is location specific (unless it is for a mobile plant). This means that if you sell your house or premises you can’t take your permit with you and continue the permitted activity at your new location. You will need to transfer your permit to the new owners.

How to apply

You must fill in Part A or D2 and both parties must also sign the declaration in Part F1.

To work out how much you need to pay you will need to complete the Charge Tool.

The tool contains guidance on how to complete it, but if you have any queries please contact us using the general enquiries email address below”

You will also need to review your OPRA spreadsheet to ensure that your annual subsistence charge remains correct.

Download the Operational Risk Assessment (OPRA) spreadsheet 

Application forms

When opening the forms, you may need to click 'View, Edit document' or 'Enable content'. Look at our How to apply for an environmental permit page for more information on using our application forms.

Please note: Once you have selected the right parts of the form you only need to fill in the sections of that form which are relevant to your application.

If you are having difficulty filling in your application then the information on the link to Help with you application may help you. If you require some pre application advice please use the contact details below.

Part A

Application form Part A - About you

Guidance notes Part A - How to complete Part A of our application form

Part D

Application Form Part D2 - Application to transfer an installation permit

Guidance notes Part D2 - How to complete Part D2 of our application form

Part F

Application Form Part F1 - Charges and declarations

Guidance notes Part F1 - How to complete Part F1 of our application form

How to pay

You can pay for your permit application in the following ways:

Call us on 0300 065 3000 between 9 and 5, Monday to Friday.


by BACS transfer to: 

Company name: Natural Resources Wales
Company address: Income Department, PO Box 663, Cardiff, CF24 0TP
Bank: RBS
Address: National Westminster Bank Plc., 2 1/2 Devonshire Square, London, EC2M 4BA
Sort code: 60-70-80
Account number: 10014438

Fees and charges

Read more about fees and charges in our environmental permitting charging scheme


Help with your application

General enquiries email -

General enquiries number 0300 065 3000

Customer Service Centre
Natural Resources Wales
29 Newport Road
Cambria House
CF24 0TP.

Related document downloads

Last updated