Meeting recording privacy notice
What information do we collect about you?
We sometimes record meetings that we hold within Microsoft Teams, to provide a record of discussions and agreements held within the meeting.
You will be informed (normally verbally) in the meeting that the session will be recorded prior to any recording taking place.
The recording could contain:
- Your video stream (including images of yourself), if you choose to enable your video device during the meeting
- Anything or anyone else that may be in the background could be recorded. You can choose to put up a background in Microsoft Teams meetings to stop any additional pictures of your home being recorded.
- Your audio stream, if you choose to enable your audio device during the meeting
- This could include any opinions you contribute and anything you say about yourself.
- Sometimes, chat within the meeting could also be captured in the meeting recording
Therefore, anyone attending the recorded meeting may have aspects of their personal data recorded, if they actively participate or not.
How will your information be used?
We use meeting recordings to produce:
- Informal notes of any discussions in the recorded meeting
- Formal records of any discussions, actions, agreements, or decisions in the recorded meeting
These formal and informal records will take the form of written, digital content.
Meeting recordings can be viewed by authorised people in Natural Resources Wales and suppliers. A meeting recording may also be viewed by meeting invitees who were unable to attend.
The legal basis for processing will be related to the topic and data in any agreed meeting recording, the most likely being, but not limited to:
- Explicit consent is given by participants
- Processing necessary to ensure compliance with a legal obligation
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party
- Processing relating to a task carried out in the public interest
Disclosing your information
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes.
Keeping your information secure
Meeting recordings will typically be deleted after 1 year or less if there is no further need to retain them.
However, if they are retained as evidence of an action or decision, they will be moved from their original location into NRW's corporate Document Management System and retained in line with NRW's retention schedule.
Recordings are securely stored within the EU and will be appropriately and securely deleted when no longer required.
Who views this information?
These Microsoft Teams recordings will be made available to other staff within Natural Resources Wales to support their practice.
Therefore, anyone who works for Natural Resources Wales or who has been co-opted or contracted to work for Natural Resources Wales, may view the recordings.
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
Identity and contact details of the Data Controller
Natural Resources Wales (NRW) is the Data Controller and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
You have a right to access your personal information, to object to the processing of your personal information, to rectify, to erase, to restrict and to port your personal information. Please visit our Data Protection webpages for further information in
relation to your rights.
Any requests or objections should be made in writing to NRW’s Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer,
Natural Resources Wales,
Maes y Ffynnon,
How to make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may in the first instance contact NRW’s Data Protection Officer using the contact details above. If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office,